Re: Trust, Context, Justification and Quintuples

Chris Bizer wrote:

> we did some brainstorming about trust, context and the justification of
> query results and ended up with:
> - an extended RDF data model based on quintuples (a triple plus two
> additional elements: context and statement ID).

It seems to me that it would be possible to make statements about a
statement by creating a predicate that is an instance of a predicate
class.  That instance would be using in only one statement.  Therefore,
any statement about that predicate could be taken to be a statement
about the triple it is part of.

For example, instead of

{#Bob, #friendOf, #Mary}

We could have

{#friendOf_1, rdfs:type, #friendOf}
{#Bob, #friendOf_1, #Mary}
{#friendOf_1, #veracityAssessment, #Dubious}

This would work as long as the instance of the predicate were used in
only one statement.

Although it is a bit odd, it should work within the existing framework
of RDF.  Does anyone see any fundamental problem with creating
predicates as instance resources in this way?

The same approach would allow one statement to be treated as a context
for another.

Cheers,

Tom P