Re: Concerns about the "l" element name <l>

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 20:59:18 +1100, Thomas O'Connor <me@ocoth.id.au> wrote:

> If they are separate units like you suggest, such as an e-mail address,
> telephone number, etc. then they probably would be better
> marked up as a <dl>, like so.
>
> <dl>
>     <dt>Email address</dt>
>     <dd>me@ocoth.id.au</dd>
>     <dt>Telephone number</dt>
>     <dd>+61 2 4900 0000</dd>
> </dl>

That's correct considering the HTML 4 description of <dl>, but in XHTML
2.0, it has been more restricted. A definition list should contain
definitions of words. The definition of «Email address» is not
«me@ocoth.id.au», but something like «A location to which e-mail can be
delivered»[1].

I wrote something about this not more than two months ago: <url:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2004Sep/0004.html>.

____
[1] <url: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-mail_address>

--