Re: Concerns about the "l" element name <l>

I dispute that interpretation of the definition lists in XHTML 2.0.  From what I can see the description of definition lists are
exactly the same in the XHTML 2.0 document[1]  as in the HTML 4.0 document[2] - word for word (with the exception of the addition of
" The term and its definition can be grouped within a di element to help clarify the relationship between a term and its
definition(s). " in XHTML 2.0).

I believe that it is vital for semantic purposes that definition lists remain how they are in HTML 4.0 through to XHTML 2.0 unless
another name:value element set is included.  Definition lists allow for a huge number of name:value pairs to be semantically marked
up in a way that cannot be reproduced through any other element set. Of course there are always tables, but they are more
restrictive in their styling and positioning, plus are a bit of overkill.

Some of these applications include the two the W3C propose:
    - general word:meaning lists
    - dialogue (speaker:speech)
as well as:
    - label:input of forms (allows greater control if place in <dl>, also not semantically incorrect)
    - term:value pairs (contact information, extended navigation{1}, property definitions{2})
and so on.

{1} an example of extended navigation:
<dl>
    <dd>View items that you have placed in to your cart and prepare your order for purchase.</dd>
    <dd>Modify your account details.</dd>
    <dd>Download files that your have purchased or received for free.</dd>
</dl>

{2} an example of property definitions:
<heading>File details</heading>
<dl>
    <dt>Name</dt>
    <dt>Size</dt>
    <dt>Type</dt>
    <dt>Description</dt>
    <dd>An in-depth discussion into the future of the
        <acronym title="World Wide Web Consortium">W3C</acronym>'s
        <acronym title="Extensible Hypertext Markup Language">XHTML</acronym>
    </dd>
</dl>

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/mod-list.html#sec_11.1.
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/lists.html#h-10.3