Re: XHTML 2.0 suggestion: <caption> for <object>, <attribution> for <blockquote>

fantasai <fantasai@escape.com> wrote:

> > Improving the 'cite' attribute usage might be an another option.
>
> The 'cite' attribute can't present human-readable attributions.
> Also, because it's restrained to URI values, it can only present
> attributions that can be represented by a URI, a very limited
> subset of common usage.
>
> See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2003Mar/0157.html

Of course I'm aware of the previous discussion, that's why I pointed
out that the other side of the argument exists.  I didn't see clear
consensus last time, and the WG hasn't decided either way yet, so
both arguments remain to be considered.

And the Semantic Web folks may have different view on what can be
represented by a URI.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org