Re: <blocksamp> and <blockkbd>

Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> XHTML and DocBook don't really overlap in terms of target audience -- in
> fact anyone asking for dozens of new elements in XHTML should probably be
> using DocBook, and anyone finding DocBook ridiculously over-engineered
> should probably be using XHTML.

Exactly.  As the Abstract says:

    XHTML 2 is a general purpose markup language designed for
    representing documents for a wide range of purposes across
    the World Wide Web. To this end it does not attempt to be
    all things to all people, supplying every possible markup
    idiom, but to supply a generally useful set of elements.

    cf. http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xhtml2-20030506/#abstract

The WG discussed and agreed long time ago that we don't want to reinvent
DocBook nor TEI.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org