Include pieces of code in an HTML file

From: <75819671@it.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:53:50 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org

Is there a way in XHTML 1.0 or HTML 4.0 to include a piece of code in an HTML
file from another file? Let us suppose that I have a legal statement that should
go in various pages, but not always in the same position, and that I wish to
keep one copy of that statement so that when I update it all pages are
automatically updated. I do not want to use server-side tags, cgi or JavaScript
to do that. How can I do that? What's about

<INCLUDE SRC="legal/rightsnotices.html" RESOLVENT="yes" />

RESOLVENT requires that entities are resolved in the current HTML. So, if the
piece of code contains &year; , that entity is resolved to different texts
depending on what that entity means in the file where code is imported.

Dr. Dario de Judicibus - IBM Global Services
ICM EMEA South Region Deployment Support Leader
EMEA Knowledge Management Consulting Group
Tel: +39-06-596-62531 --- Fax: +39-06-596-65432

PHOTO GALLERY http://www.geocities.com/~dejudicibus/gallery/
WORK (e-mail) 75819671@it.ibm.com (pages) http://w3.smns.italy.ibm.com/
HOME (e-mail) ddj@mclink.it (pages) http://www.geocities.com/~dejudicibus/ (icq)
25257587