RE: Include pieces of code in an HTML file

From: <75819671@it.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 10:21:56 +0200
To: patrice.calve@cactuscom.ca
cc: www-html@w3.org

Patrice said:
|This is good and simple to a basic problem.  I would like to
|extend this feature with a DOWNLOAD=[Yes|No].  If set to Yes,
|the include file is "sent" to the browser and the user has a
|"Save As/Open" dialog box.  If set to no, the include file is
|simply displayed on the page.  It would then make sence to have
|the possibility to tell the browser what type of file it is.
|ex: Doc = Word, Word Perfect, text?

I agree with Patrice. I may add that if DOWNLOAD is "no" and the file requires
an helper to be displayed (e.g. doc, pdf, ...), the browser might automatically
create on the fly an internal borderless frame where the helper could render the
corresponding object.

Dr. Dario de Judicibus - IBM Global Services
ICM EMEA South Region Deployment Support Leader
EMEA Knowledge Management Consulting Group
Tel: +39-06-596-62531 --- Fax: +39-06-596-65432

PHOTO GALLERY http://www.geocities.com/~dejudicibus/gallery/
WORK (e-mail) 75819671@it.ibm.com (pages) http://w3.smns.italy.ibm.com/
HOME (e-mail) ddj@mclink.it (pages) http://www.geocities.com/~dejudicibus/ (icq)
25257587