RE: Include pieces of code in an HTML file

From: Patrice Calve <patrice.calve@cactuscom.ca>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:14:46 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org
> (or the page clicks using client-side script)
>
> that's it, 95% of browser will load down by ftp, WITHOUT
> showing any html.
> or maybe i didn`t really get the point, and that's too easy a
> solution or
> none at all ?

Well, actually... no.  Try it in Netscape or IE.  Both will display the file
inside the browser.  Same thing with a gif, etc.  If the browser understands
the extension of the file, it shows it.

The point of this discussion is that if there is confusion on the matter,
the problem should be addressed.

I know there are solutions to the problem.  Change the server.  But not all
of us have the priviledge to make such a change.  Try to ask the IT division
of a government office to change anything on a server "No... security...".

Anyway..

Pat