Re: Include pieces of code in an HTML file

From: <75819671@it.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:03:22 +0200
To: lantic@mindless.com
cc: www-html@w3.org

Well, I am surprised that such a basic feature is missing from the
specifications of XHTML 1.0 or HTML 4.01. The possibility to include the same
piece of code in several pages from the same source file is, in my personal
opinion, a real must. Is it possible to propose a new tag for future versions?
For example

<INCLUDE
     SRC=url             -- source file from which code should be included
                         -- it should not contain neither <!DOCTYPE> nor <HTML>
                         -- but just a flat piece of well-formed HTML code
     PARSE=[yes|no]      -- parse internal entities too after inclusion
     INTERLACE=[yes|no]  -- if yes, load in parallel with rest of page,
otherwise after

Dr. Dario de Judicibus - IBM Global Services
ICM EMEA South Region Deployment Support Leader
EMEA Knowledge Management Consulting Group
Tel: +39-06-596-62531 --- Fax: +39-06-596-65432

PHOTO GALLERY http://www.geocities.com/~dejudicibus/gallery/
WORK (e-mail) 75819671@it.ibm.com (pages) http://w3.smns.italy.ibm.com/
HOME (e-mail) ddj@mclink.it (pages) http://www.geocities.com/~dejudicibus/ (icq)
25257587