src attribute for tabel cells

From: Gordon Worley <redbird@orlando.crosswinds.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 09:41:53 -0500
To: www-html <www-html@w3.org>
Hello,

	Although discouraged, I continue to use tables to layout pages.
This works fine is you design your tables carefully to downgrade gracefully
in Lynx and aural browsers, until you decide to change your tables.  If
your site has 40 or 50 pages, all containing your layout table, the need to
make even the smallest change can become a huge task, even when an
automated script is written to do the work for you.  Therefore, I think
that tables should be moved in the direction of frames, where each cell can
have its own source file.  This way, entire Web sites could consist of a
single layout file and use ECMAScript and cookies (or some other scripting,
interpage data transfer method combination) to change the source file of
each cell.

	I realize that this is not a complete idea with some holes in it,
so please don't be too critical of some of the specifics.

Red Bird Island Productions
Gordon Worley
http://www.crosswinds.net/orlando/~redbird/
mailto:redbird@orlando.crosswinds.net