RE: src attribute for tabel cells

I don't see how this proposal helps Lynx or Netscape users in the slightest.
What leads you to believe that this hypothetical TD/SRC would enjoy better
support than OBJECT/IFRAME?

Of course, you can join the club in wishing they (OBJECT and IFRAME) were
implemented across all popular browsers yesterday. But they aren't. And I
don't see how wishing for an as-yet-undefined less flexible hack is going to
contribute to establishing the functionality you desire in popular browsers.

The functionality you're looking for has already been specified. As long as
implementations are lacking, the implementors are who you should be
complaining to--not to the specification machinery to redundantly concoct
more specs for the implementors to catch up to correctly implementing.

Braden