Re: src attribute for tabel cells

From: Gordon Worley <redbird@orlando.crosswinds.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 17:34:46 -0500
To: www-html <www-html@w3.org>
Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

>Ever hear of Server-Side Includes? :-)
>CNET's sites all use SSIs (content management by Vignette, IIRC).

	yes.  B->

>Just remember they impose a certain load on the server.

	This is part of the reason I am in favor of a "src" attribute for
the <td> element.  By removing this work load from the server, pages can be
downloaded and rendered faster by UAs.  Also, this allows developers who
may not have access to such services as server-side databases to design
medium to large sized Web sites that have a consistant L&F without hours of
building pages using templets.

Red Bird Island Productions
Gordon Worley
http://www.crosswinds.net/orlando/~redbird/