Re: Style sheets not in HTML 3.2

Joe English (
Tue, 14 May 1996 11:45:02 PDT

Subject: Re: Style sheets not in HTML 3.2
Date: Tue, 14 May 1996 11:45:02 PDT
From: Joe English <>

Chris Wilson (PSD) <> wrote:

> Actually, read the description of HTML 3.2 - it is intended to document

Ah.  Thanks for clearing that up.

I had been somewhat dismayed by the header comment which says:

|       HTML 3.2 aims to capture recommended practice as of early '96
|       and as such to be used as a replacement for HTML 2.0 (RFC 1866).

since the DTD does not in fact enforce most of the principles of
HTML "recommended practice" with which I am familiar.  Since
there are errors and inaccuracies in other comments I suppose
this one needn't be taken at face value either; if it's intended
to _document current practice_ instead that puts things in a
better perspective.

By the way, the formal part of the DTD has (at least) two bugs.

--Joe English