Re: HTML 3.2 and Frames

Walter Ian Kaye (
Wed, 8 May 1996 10:57:47 -0700

Date: Wed, 8 May 1996 10:57:47 -0700
From: (Walter Ian Kaye)
Subject: Re: HTML 3.2 and Frames

At 8:27a 05/08/96, Mike Wexler wrote:
>How about:
>   DIV document divisions
>      Groups related elements together. Can be used with the CLASS
>      attribute to create meaningful document divisions such as
>      Chapter, Section, and Sub-section.

I would suggest "useful" rather than "meaningful". Less accusatory, more
accurate, and more inviting...

At 9:51a 05/08/96, Lee Daniel Crocker wrote:
>"frameset" is not harmless--
>it completely breaks anything but NSN2+ & MSIE3+.

Not true -- my frames-enabled home page appeared fine under AOL 2.6
(InterCon's version 1.0 browser, aka "bow-wowser"), and since that's
arguably the worst browser on the planet, I consider Netscape's
implementation perfectly safe. (Safe != ideal) ;)

After all, frameset pages include a <title></title> at the top, so what's
the problem? Maybe you only looked at badly-coded pages? Try Walter's Web!