Really Quick Guide to Good HTML

Charles Peyton Taylor (
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 15:42:24 -0800

Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 15:42:24 -0800
From: Charles Peyton Taylor <>
Subject:  Really Quick Guide to Good HTML

I've written a basic guide to html, meant for the users
here at NPS (or anyone else who cares to browse) and it
occured to me that a learned opinion might be helpful.
I would appreciate it if you would browse by:

A question, though:  I used to think that the <html></html>
tags were there to let the browser software know that
the document was in HTML format.  But if that's so, then
why is it defined as a MIME type on the server?

C  h a r l e s    P e y t o n   T a y l o r
The opinions and views expressed       ##  even though we're on
our own,
are my own and do not reflect          ##        we are never all
Those of the Naval PostGraduate School ##  when we are singing,