Re: Frames - does anyone like them?

Abigail (abigail@uk.fnx.com)
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 20:00:46 +0100

Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 20:00:46 +0100
From: Abigail <abigail@uk.fnx.com>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Frames - does anyone like them?

John Bro, InterSoft Solutions, Inc wrote:

> About half of the unique visitors to the homepage (= about 1/4 of
> the unique visitors to the site) load the frames version, and an ave.
> of less than 10% meet with "your browser doesn't support frames - try
> this one instead"  (browsers are selectively  redirected to
> frames/non-frames versions).

A couple of days ago, I browsed with Netscape 2.02 (of which I
thought was a frame aware browser) and encountered on
Netscape's own site:

Your browser does not support frames. [http://home.netscape.com/comprod/products/navigator/version_3.0/index.html]

Urg. It shows how difficult it is to select which browsers are frame
aware and which aren't. Even Netscape fails to do it for their own
browsers.

Abigail