Re: Accessibility Advice on HTML 5 Design Principles

From: Katie Haritos-Shea <ryladog@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:34:56 -0400 (EDT)
To: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, wai-xtech@w3.org, Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>, alfred.s.gilman@ieee.org
Cc: "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>, Michael Cooper <cooper@w3.org>, HTML Working Group <public-html@w3.org>

To 2. Navigation and Orientation support, examples include:
I would like to see added a few other elements that have semantic meaning that can be utilized as UAs (including AT) could provide support for.

* (Semantic) Section Groupings (almost Daisy-like, but to include broader catagories like query-results blocks, div-columns and div-rows)
* Widgets (clocks, counters, weather forecasts, calculators etc)

I will think of more...........