prolog - use case? role?

From: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:20:06 -0400
To: wai-xtech@w3.org

The following pattern of practice has come up as a possible additional role:

>1. Should we provide for a prologue role to identify prologue text
>preceding widgets in an application region of a document? This
>prologue may have links. The AT would announce a prologue on user
>command when entering a widget in an application region.

My reaction to this question was that we should share the pros and cons
with our "best practices" community here on XTECH.  So here it is.

In some initial discussions the idea of using "describedby" to cover this
functionality and rejected; but the pros and cons would be good to develop
here along with other ideas.

Al