Colours and Colour Blindness

From: Julian Voelcker <asp@tvw.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:26:55 GMT
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

I have some clients who keep on insisting on having coloured text on
coloured backgrounds and so far have only been making sure that there
is a strong differentiation between the two colours to help with
Accessibility.

Is there documentation/research anywhere listing the key colour
combinations that do/don't work for people with Colour Blindness?

It is an area that I would like to pay a bit more attention to.
--
Cheers,

Julian Voelcker
Cirencester, United Kingdom