Re: Colours and Colour Blindness

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:17:14 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> Is there documentation/research anywhere listing the key colour
> combinations that do/don't work for people with Colour Blindness?

BT Research published an article on this many years ago.  It was on
their web site and may still be, although the web site name has changed
at least once since it was put there.  I think they suggest using
browns and blues as contrasting colours.

The links I have (I'm offline at the moment) are:

http://www.labs.bt.com/people/rigdence/colours/index.html
http://more.btexact.com/people/rigdence/colours/

I think the second is the more up to date one, but it is still quite old.