RE: Braille style sheets

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 09:51:41 -0400
To: "wai-ig list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

>> There are another test and study about the browsers support in:
>> http://www.codestyle.org/css/media/embossed-BrowserSummary.shtml

> I am not certain then what is gained by an emboss media type.

I agree.  The table above makes it pretty clear that it is not doing anything for us yet!  I don't understand why separate TTY from dynamic Braille display, both are fixed pitch (grid), continuous, and interactive.  The best resource I have found indicates that the emboss media type confounds the distinction between Braille hard copy and dynamic Braille displays.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/media.html#media-groups