De: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]En
nombre de Alastair Campbell
Enviado el: jueves, 31 de marzo de 2005 15:50
Para: Charles McCathieNevile
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Asunto: Re: Braille style sheets

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
> Does anyone on this list use the "embossed" media in CSS to produce
> style  sheets for braille?

Hi Charles,

Do you know if any user agents support that media type? (Or 'braille'
which might be the obvious choice from the CSS 2.1 spec).

Knocking up a quick test page:
http://alastairc.ac/media_type_test.html

Moz & IE6 show only all & screen on viewing, and only the all/print
types when print previewing (correctly I assume).

However, JAWs only reads the all/screen types, not the speech type.
Technically incorrect, but perhaps practical? (Results from other screen
readers would be useful.)

Do the braille readers understand their media type? I don't have access
to one, but since most use something like JAWs as an intermediary
anyway, I would guess probably not... as there aren't many sites that
use them, it is something of a chicken & egg situation.

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--

Alastair Campbell   |   Director of Research & Development
0117 929 7333       |   ac@nomensa.com

Please refer to the following disclaimer for this message:
http://www.nomensa.com/email-disclaimer.html