Re: do vector graphics enhance our concept of self?

Dont get me wrong,  i love svg, not sure its quite the right direction but
its moving fast.

my point was really that jpegs are quite a few years old, and bar the silly
copyright issue, surely someone (in scandinavia?) could bring out a mark 1
version with transparency?
this might degrade quite nicely from SVG.

seems weird to me, that these 2 standards (gif and jpeg) got stuck in the
mire of history...

sorry if this is a ramble*, but I spend hours trimming and resizing jpegs
and then have to convert them to gifs, merely for transparency, and in many
cases the file size can be up to 3 times, which for (no increase in quality,
and) transparency is very expensive.

jonathan

*given the very high use of faces, it doesn't seem unreasonable that there
might be mileage in a specific algorithm, there certainly are very high end
animated ones.
vector gradients of tone, which svg most probably is capable of.