Re: do vector graphics enhance our concept of self?

Please explain further - I am not sure if I understand...

(in case I do:

Do you mean photo-realistic pictures of faces, or cartoon-type caricatures,
or somewhere in between?

It seems to me that SVG is in fact a fairly small hammer for most graphics
nuts, and it certainly supports transparency and sprites (objects whose
position and other properties can be animated) in a fairly lightweight
manner.

GIF and PNG support transparency for photo-realism - as far as I am
aware jpeg does not (but I am not a graphics expert). But if you embed a jpeg
within SVG you can clip it, set its transparency, use a filter or mask
effect, etc.

If you can describe an example I will try to produce it in SVG (by using bare
code editing instead of one of the nice tools that I never quite get around
to installing - try doing THAT with the source of a GIF <grin/>. However I
think editing code is a silly way to author in general, and appreciate that
this is valuable because you can also do it with graphics tools that have a
more appropriate user interface).

Cheers

Charles