Re: Bill Frezza

Bruce,

It's spelled out pretty clearly at
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/IG/Overview.html#Uselist>
-- "Don't cc the WAI IG list with messages you are sending to other
organizations."

If you have a letter that you think is important for WAI IG to see, then
you can send a separate copy to WAI IG -- but note also at
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/IG/Overview.html#Uselist>
-- "This is a large list. Keep your comments brief and to the point."
I would not want people to just use this as a place to archive materials,
however.

Again, we get heavy use on this list, so I appreciate everyone's
cooperation in avoiding cross-postings.

Regards,

- Judy

At 11:36 AM 3/6/00 -0500, Bruce Bailey wrote:
>Dear Group,
>I heard back from InternetWeek Online regarding my "letter to the editor"
>post about Bill Frezza' article at URL:
>http://www.internetwk.com/columns00/frezz022800.htm
>They were quite positive, but did say that my comments should have been
>directed to Meryl Schoenbaum (mschoenb@cmp.com) who is the Chief Copy
>Editor.  Anyone else who cares to write should send email to her (CC
>frezza@alum.mit.edu).  I am still looking for the InternetWeek feedback
>URL...
>
>My thanks to the several people who have (off the list) said that they liked
>my letter.  I am not clear, is this kind of thing (CC'ing the WAI when
>writing a "newspaper") in violation of this list's n'etiquette rule?  (I
>know we are not suppose to CC other lists, nor CC the WAI with messages sent
>to other listservs.)  I will admit it is a vanity thing with me.  f I go to
>the trouble to write a letter, I want to ensure it ends up in digital "ink"
>someplace -- even if the intended recipient chooses not to respond.  Even
>if -- smile -- the list I CC is pretty obscure...
>
>Cheers,
>Bruce Bailey

Director,Web Accessibility Initiative(WAI), World Wide Web Consortium(W3C)

WAI Interest Group home page: http://www.w3.org/WAI/IG
Previous WAI IG Updates: http://www.w3.org/WAI/IG/Overview.html#Updates