RE: Web Accessibility Myths and The Kynn Challenge (was:

From: Scott Luebking <phoenixl@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 12:42:14 -0700 (PDT)
To: charles@w3.org, cynthia.waddell@ci.sj.ca.us, jonathan@signbrowser.free-online.co.uk, mburks952@worldnet.att.net, phoenixl@netcom.com
Cc: kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi, Cynthia

I may have not been very clear in the distinction I was making about
providing specialized computers.  One type of specialized computer is one
where a standard computer is configured by adding additional
available hardware/software.  It is my understanding that it is
not unreasonable to expect universities to provide this type
of specialized computer.

A second type of specialized computer is one where specialized hardware
and/or software is researched and created for a particular
purpose.  I may be wrong, but it doesn't seem that 504/ADA
is requiring that universities spend money to create this type of
specialized computer for disabled students.  Is my understanding
of this incorrect?

Scott