RE: Web Accessibility Myths and The Kynn Challenge (was:

Just so no one forgets, Graphics are not only important, they are not only
required for certain types of pages, but to be accessible to people with
certain disabilities graphics provide the means of providing that
accessibility.

This is NOT a simplistic subject for any of us.  However the use of "cutting
edge" technology for its own sake when something else may do better, or
requiring one type of browser throws up barriers to all kinds of people, not
just hose with disabilities.  I will also add that companies that designate
one type of browser are being both lazy and stupid.  I would also point out
that the way that most of the companies keep people from suing them under
the ADA is to make sure that people with disabilities know that it will a
long tough fight. The few that have jobs for the most part want to keep
them.  They are afraid, it is plain and simple.  Many advocates for the
disabled are harassed and bullied while on the job.

Lets make no mistakes here, any culture that would tolerate the inclusion of
Dr. Peter Singer in the Faculty of a mainstream university like Princeton
has a long way to go when it comes to being  even handed.

Of course this is just my opinion, being a person with multiple disabilities
I wouldn t know too much about this.

Sincerely,

Mike Burks