Re: remove validity completely?

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:17:39 +0000 (UTC)
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> A few posts ago I suggested that perhaps an answer to the P1 vs P2 debate
> would be to remove WCAG reference to validity completely.

And it's one of those terrible ideas from a preferred person that I fear
will be unkillable.

* We already have a requirement in WCAG 1.

* We already have it in WCAG 2, even. The issue is where it goes.

* Nobody seriously believes there should be no requirement under any guise
whatsoever.

* We seem to be offloading a lot onto other guidelines. Can't we be
explicit about this one?

--

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
       --This.