RE: perhaps remove the requirement for validity completely!

Hi John, i cannot partecipate this week in teleconference but i would like if possible to register my position against guideline that we are discussing. I will write my position also in the survey.

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "John M Slatin"<john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
    Inviato: 22/06/05 5.42.17
    A: "Gez Lemon"<gez.lemon@gmail.com>, "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: RE: perhaps remove the requirement for validity completely!

    Gez wrote:

    We? I feel excluded. Has everyone agreed on this, or this an
    inner-circle we?

    I'm sorry you feel excluded.  The "we" here refers to participants in
    the WCAG Working Group, and in particular those who were able to attend
    the face to face meeting in Brussels last week.  As stated prior to that
    meeting, any resolutions adopted at the face to face meeting are have
    been sent to the WCAG mailing list for discussion, and will be reviewed
    again at this Thursday's teleconference/meeting of the Working Group. If
    participants in good standing accept the proposal, it will be included
    in the new public Working Draft to be published on 30 June. If the
    Working Group does not reach consensus, the 30 June draft will include
    an Editorial Note describing the issues and requesting feedback from the
    Web community.

    The Working Group is grateful for the extended discussion of this issue
    over the past several days, which has come both from participants in the
    Working Group and from people in the Web community who are passionately
    interested in and committed to making the Web more accessible.

    The only "foregone conclusion" is that we will publish a new public
    working draft on 30 June.
    I recognize that this particular issue is extremely important.  However,
    there are 12 other guidelines and more than 60 success criteria. The Web
    community would be well served by responses to other guidelines and
    success criteria in the proposed draft as well.

    Thanks again for all the energy and thought devoted to this important
    issue.

    Johnto.

    "Good design is accessible design."

    Dr. John M. Slatin, Director