Re: F2F Proposed Resolutions Draft Updates

On 17/06/05, Yvette Hoitink <y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl> wrote:
> However, well-formedness is a concept that does not apply to all
> technologies but only to technologies that use tags such as XML-based
> technologies and HTML. That's why we limited the requirement to SGML-based
> delivery units.

HTML isn't required to be well-formed. Well-formedness was introduced
with XML, so I'm confused as to why an SGML language like HTML would
have to be well-formed, which isn't required by spec, but not
necessarily valid, which is required by spec.

Best regards,

Gez

--
Supplement your vitamins