RE: 3.1: Action item re foreign passages

Tim Boland wrote:

Every attempt has been made to make WCAG 2.0 as
readable and usable as possible while still retaining the accuracy and
clarity
needed in a technical specification. For first time users, the work of
the
Education and Outreach Working Group of the Web Accessibility Initiative
is
highly recommended. In particular, Getting Started: Making a Web Site
Accessible.

Thanks, Tim.  If we think about this from the standpoint of GL 3.1 L2
SC2 (foreign language passages), would you argue that the site I
described in the scenario fails WCAG 2.0 because the data-entry form
doesn't comply with ATAG (i.e., doesn't allow (force?) authors to
identify the language they're using if it's not the default?

John

"Good design is accessible design."
John Slatin, Ph.D.
Director, Accessibility Institute