(unknown charset) Re: [TECHS] Object tag test files.

From: (unknown charset) Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:04:13 +0000 (UTC)
To: (unknown charset) David MacDonald <befree@magma.ca>
cc: (unknown charset) w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
> I was given the task to review tests that apply to the object tag. #75,
> 76, 77, 78 79, 27, 128, 129, 183.

Do you really mean test *suites*? Because we have those.

<http://www.student.oulu.fi/~sairwas/object-test/>

> In general I have a problem with tests that are designed to pass a certain
> accessibility principle but are inaccessible in other respects.

Such as?

No captions on multimedia? What?

> Can we not create passing test files that are WCAG compliant in other
> respects.

Do you refer to using object and embed in valid HTML?

<http://joeclark.org/access/captioning/bpoc/embed-object.html>

--

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
       --This.