RE: [TECHS] Object tag test files.

Joe writes:

>>Do you really mean test *suites*? Because we have those.
<http://www.student.oulu.fi/~sairwas/object-test/>

I am reviewing the test files from Chris's suite (U of T), his are in a
consistent format with all other HTML tests, so I think we should stick with
Chris' tests.

> In general I have a problem with tests that are designed to pass a certain
> accessibility principle but are inaccessible in other respects.

>>Such as? No captions on multimedia? What?

Many difference ways depending on the test. I understand that they are very
granular, looking only at one aspect of accessibility for each test, but I
get nervous about a webmaster looking at an inaccessible file that indicates
a pass according to one aspect of accessibility, but is inaccessible.

For, example 80-3 has a python clock object. The alternate content in a
clock image. There is not alternate text, but it is listed as a passing
test.

> Can we not create passing test files that are WCAG compliant in other
> respects.

Do you refer to using object and embed in valid HTML?
<http://joeclark.org/access/captioning/bpoc/embed-object.html>

No I was not referring to the embed/object debate, my task is to go over the
current object tests, not to evaluate the validity of using the embed as an
alternative to object.

Cheers
David

--