[TECHS] Object tag test files.

From: David MacDonald <befree@magma.ca>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 11:14:03 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I was given the task to review tests that apply to the object tag. #75, 76,
77, 78 79, 27, 128, 129, 183.

I am in the middle of the assessments and will be finishing them before our
call today. But there is something that I have to get clear on.

In general I have a problem with tests that are designed to pass a certain
accessibility principle but are inaccessible in other respects. I realize
that there is a disclaimer above the test files saying that they may contain
accessibility problems peripheral to the issue being tested, but I still
have a problem with an inaccessible file getting a "passing" grade. I think
it gives a confusing message to web designers.

If the tests were only being looked at by machines it would not be as
important to me, but when humans look at these tests I think it gives a
mixed message.

Can we not create passing test files that are WCAG compliant in other
respects. If not I would dump inaccessible test files that are supposed to
pass a certain WCAG criteria, unless they are not going to be looked at by

David MacDonald

…access empowers people…

      …barriers disable them…

www.eramp.com <http://www.eramp.com/>