RE: RE: RE: Impact Analysis for Guideline 4.2

Oh i slept today.  But im a bit day and night reversed right now (got no
sleep on overnight flight)

RE division between user agent and content --- what if you build your user
agent out of flash. The user (or his employer) has no option of 'purchasing
conformant User Agents" since the user agent didn't exist until you try to
access the page.  And user agent requirements are not looked at for content
- just for viewers.   Hence I think we may need a content requirement that
says "if you bundle a user agent with your content you must include an
accessible one".  Maybe also "if you require a particular user agent - (e.g.
plug in) to be accessible then you need to point to one that will work.
(also for an agent in general????)

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.