Re: RE: RE: Impact Analysis for Guideline 4.2

From: <lguarino@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 18:58:53 -0700
To: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Gregg, you must never sleep! And we definitely need to discuss this topic; thanks for bringing it up.

I think the screen reader access would need to be provided by the user agent for the technology in which you
are creating the user interface. So this question would definitely affect baseline considerations.

We may also be making other assumptions about the "host" user agent, what role it plays in interacting with the
user interface created by the content author, and hence about the division of responsibility between the content
author and user agent.

Loretta