From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 13:31:35 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

there was a recent thread on the ERT WG mailing list about testing for
flicker. [1]

Nick Kew and Phill Jenkins assert that flicker should no longer be a
checkpoint in WCAG since it is now a user agent issue. [2, 3]

I heard back from Professor Harding and there is a system that checks for
flicker [4].  It's based on his research and produced by Cambridge Research

Not sure how much it costs, how easy it is to use, or how well it works on
web content...but I'll contact CRS to find out.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-ig/2002Jun/0000.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-ig/2002Jun/0001.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-ig/2002Jun/0005.html
[4] http://www.hardingfpa.co.uk/