From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of john_slatin
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 11:45 AM
To: 'jonathan chetwynd'; john_slatin
Cc: Web Content Guidelines
Subject: RE: 4.1 and satire

Actually, Jonathan, there's a great deal of art that isn't accessible, and a
good deal of it is quite deliberately inaccessible-- the work of the High
Modernists in English and American poetry is a good example (T.S. Eliot, for
instance)  And some artists don't care a fig whether or not their work
sells.

I posed my query in all seriousness, though: is it possible for satire of
the sort I described to claim conformance to checkpoint 4.1 at any level?

John

John Slatin, Ph.D.
Director, Institute for Technology & Learning
University of Texas at Austin
FAC 248C, Mail code G9600
Austin, TX 78712
ph 512-495-4288, f 512-495-4524