Script checker and a techniques document to support it.

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 18:03:23 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
As I posted yesterday,

is a tool for testing the scripr accessibility of pages, I've revised it
considerably now, so it performs more checks and the text reported is
seperated into a seperate file, both to allow for easy translation, and
updating by people without having to delve into the programming of the
checks.  It also adds validation to the tool and a menu making it easier
to use, the validation is provided by the XML tools from site valet -
http://valet.webthing.com/xml/ .

To support the tool, I've also started a techniques document which add
commentary on the various problems highlighted by Snork,
http://jibbering.com/techniques/ is the url for this, at the moment there
are only 3 discussed, and like the 3rd the others I would generally
answer "design your site another way" rather than trying to solve the
problem itself, so I would appreciate any input that is more constructive
than this to give on the issues raised.

Comments on both would be much appreciated.