Re: Tone

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 09:53:41 -0400 (EDT)
To: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
cc: WCAG WG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Well, my first bet is that at this stage not a lot of people will want to
include this.

But that doesn't mean we should not explore the topic further - I think there
are fairly good justifications for investigating it.

Since I have no idea how to write a guidelines or checkpoint for such a
thing, I am hoping that someone will come up with at least a first
example to start discussion...

On the other hand, I do suspect that this would be another case where culture
and language make a difference. There are many languages where the customs
about the 'tone' used are much more important in general than they are in
English - French, Spanish, Italian, German and Japanese are examples that
spring to my mind (which means that the five languages I speak enough of to
know if it is important are languages where it is much more important than
in english).

Charles McCN