RE: Why we will never find a good version of 3.3 (and what's wrong with WCAG 2.0)

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 08:11:45 -0700
To: <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Cc: "GLWAI Guidelines WG \(GL - WAI Guidelines WG\)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 06:41 AM 8/21/2001 , Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
>The techniques doc is to provide ways of accomplishing something.
>I believe the guidelines should say what is to be accomplished,  -  but
>they should not specify HOW to do it, unless accessibility can only be
>served by doing things a particular way.

Right, checkpoints are "what" -- but a specific enough "what" that
it's not just a vague generality.  Techniques are "how".

"Create content so that people who cannot see multimedia can access
the content" is too vague, for example, of a "what".

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison