RE: A PROPOSAL TO SPLIT THE WCAG IN THREE. Please read this. I'm serious.

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:06:03 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Charles F. Munat" <chas@munat.com>
cc: WAI Guidelines WG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
For all that I am not in favour of using the results of this to produce three
documents, I think this is a very important step to approaching what we are
trying to do. I agree that the difference between comprehension and "device
independence" is a major source of friction within the group, but I think the
answer to that is that we try to listen a bit more carefully to each other,
and reduce the friction that goes with working on different things at the
same time.