RE: A PROPOSAL TO SPLIT THE WCAG IN THREE. Please read this. I'm serious.

From: Charles F. Munat <chas@munat.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 05:30:58 -0700
To: "WAI Guidelines WG" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I suggest reviewing all checkpoints, splitting some into more detailed
checkpoints, and reorganizing them into three groups. I think that we can
find homes for the technology checkpoints.

As for leaving access and comprehension together, those are the two areas I
am MOST interested in seeing separated, because I think that this
intersection is the source of almost all the friction and controversy in
this group. Also, I'd like to see a lot more focus on comprehension. And I
have some questions, such as, How do we measure success?

I would at least like to take a stab at it. Is anyone else willing to help
come up with a quick rearrangement of the checkpoints to see what something
like this might look like? If it just doesn't work, well, thems the breaks.
But I'd really like to give it a try just to see...

Chas.