JAWS, alt, and title (was Re: alt title and links)

Al is correct; when JAWS encounters an image that is a link, it will
read link TITLE and ignore the image's ALT-text if both are provided.
If you are running JAWS, you can verify this behavior on a short test
page. [1]

I wasn't aware of this JAWS peculiarity until Al pointed it out. I'm
curious to know whether anyone is formally keeping track
screen-reader issues like this one. I asked Ian about this recently,
and he passed the question on to the UA group but got only one
response, I believe. [2]

Jo

[1] http://jomiller.com/jawstest/title.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001JulSep/0000.html