Re: Simplest and clearest...

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:09:34 -0700
To: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
Cc: Loretta Guarino Reid <lguarino@Adobe.com>, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
At 06:23 PM 8/16/2001 , Al Gilman wrote:
> >appropriate."  Alternate suggestion: "...for the site's audiences,
> >known and anticipated."
>Known and anticipated is too small.  See reply to Anne re 'purpose' not
>good to
>substitute for 'content.'

I was going to say that but it would have looked silly to argue with
myself -- but this is the main reason that we do not want to make this
say "audiences".

But "content" is misplaced too.  "Content-centric" design is dangerous
to accessibility.  We need to push for a shared "centrism"...the
choice as to reading level is _not_ based only on the content, but
also on the end user and the author.

Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison
Reef North America