Re: Possible deletion

From: Paul Bohman <paulb@cpd2.usu.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:56:34 -0600
To: <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, "GLWAI Guidelines WG \(GL - WAI Guidelines WG\)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
[Gregg] Checkpoint 3.3:  Write as clearly and simply as is appropriate for
the site's content.

[Paul] I think this works well, with one exception: The type of content may
vary widely on any given site, along with the intended audience. Not every
piece of content is written for the same audience at the same reading level,
educational level, etc.

Perhaps we need to drop the word "site's" and just say:

Checkpoint 3.3:  Write as clearly and simply as is appropriate for the
content.

P.S. ( I do like the suggestion of simply saying "Write clearly and simply,"
but this may be too much of a reduction for this draft)

Paul Bohman
Technology Coordinator
WebAIM: Web Accessibility in Mind (www.webaim.org)
Center for Persons with Disabilities (www.cpd.usu.edu)