RE: the Ruler - Rule question

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:04:42 -0500
To: "'GLWAI Guidelines WG \(GL - WAI Guidelines WG\)'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Hi Anne

I like D also,
(and you certainly can change)
but does it help us with our goal? -- which is to make pages more

Would a page be considered accessible if it just documented its
accessibility - or lack of it?     Isn't accessibility a measure of
usability by people with disabilities, not just a measure of
documentation of usability?

Having said that -- I still see utility in D.   Having people document
what they have done may be a very effective way of getting them to
improve it.   It doesn’t meet our goal of defining what makes something
accessible.  But it could help to make it more accessible.   Soooooooo.
How do we deal with this.......

A process guideline?

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Human Factors