PDF Techniques and Adobe products

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lguarino@adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:19:30 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3c.org
Folks,
  As we have been working on the PDF Techniques documents, there have been
obvious places where we could describe how to fix accessibility problems in a
PDF file using Adobe products like Acrobat and Acrobat Capture.

	- Is it appropriate to include information on "repair tools" as part of a
WCAG spec, given that PDF is not a format that can be easily edited directly.

	- Is it a problem that these are commericial products? All from a single
vendor?

	- Some of the repair information is documented in information available on
the web at http://access.adobe.com. Should we just refer readers to those
documents, or copy the information into the PDF Techniques document?

Thanks, Loretta