RE: guideline 7.1 about screen flickering (fwd)

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:22:09 -0400
To: "gregory j. rosmaita" <oedipus@hicom.net>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Cc: <wai-xtech@w3.org>
At 2:08 PM -0400 2001/7/26, gregory j. rosmaita wrote:
>so, while i'm quite happy that a lot of us have been conscientiously
>discussing a graphic at the behest of a poster to WAI-IG, i am quite
>troubled that no one's taken the time or effort to describe the graphic,

Hi Gregory,

The graphic is a square about an inch or so high, with roughly the
dimensions of a tv screen or monitor.  It's got a black background, and
the other main colors are green and red.  The green is a "frame"
similar to a targetting scope; it's meant to represent a radar screen.
There are sorta crosshairs and stuff on it.  A yellow "glow" sweeps
out a circle in the middle a la radar tracking stuff -- although there
are no "blips" that I can see. :)  The animation takes a little less
than a second (at a guess) to cycle the "swoosh" through the circle.

The text is overlaid in red, and reads:

RADAR
@AAMR

--Kynn