Re: DTD for techniques documents

"Matt May" <mcmay@bestkungfu.com> wrote:

> I've thrown together a DTD for 2.0 techniques. I've attached it here with an
> example of how a WCAG 1.0 HTML technique would be implemented in XML.

A couple of comments:

- I think the "id" attribute should be defined of type ID rather than CDATA.
- Elements like "p" only allow #PCDATA as its content, thus doesn't allow
  any markup inside it.  For example, your example uses "code" inside "p",
  which is invalid per this DTD.  "em", "strong" and "code" have the same
  problem.
- This DTD allows direct nesting of the "li" element, or "li" without
  enclosing "ul" or "ol", which is different from (X)HTML's list structure.
  Is it really what you intend?
- The "rule" element is declared to be EMPTY, but in your example it has
  content.  The "see-also" element has the same problem.
- It's not an error, but attribute list declarations could be merged.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium